|Salary/Package:||£100,000 base salary + annual bonus|
This company is a leading quantitative and Machine Learning-driven electronic liquidity provider, and one of the most astonishing success stories of recent years. The firm provides consistent liquidity, helping market participants throughout the world obtain the best prices across equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities, regardless of changing market conditions. To achieve the amazing results this firm delivers requires exceptional levels of innovation, scientific skill, hard work and passion to provide the best possible outcomes for the markets.
This company rewards people on merit and excellence, and not on experience alone. They avoid bureaucracy at all cost and maintain a flat hierarchy structure. Work is fast-paced and ever-changing, and they ensure decision making is efficient and changes are quickly implemented.
Working here you will enjoy a culture of trust, innovation and scientific excellence in a collaborative and friendly environment with other highly engaged people.
PositionThe company seeks to gain accuracy, efficiency and a competitive advantage through complete process automation whether generating quotes, executing & settling trades, making risk calculations or generating key information reports used by senior management in business and organization-wide decision making.
The Trading Team oversees real-time trading and related operations across all strategies, liaising with risk managers, senior management, researchers, software developers, systems engineers, external counterparties and customers in order to keep the business running smoothly. The team closely monitor real-world events and their potential impacts on markets and if necessary undertake the appropriate action to ensure the best outcome for the firm, its customers and counterparties.
- Supervise trading strategies and provide support to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Work with developers to improve automated tools to aid monitoring and alerting in relation to key trading statistics (PnL, fill rates, signals, volumes etc).
- Investigate and assist in resolving issues in relation to key trading metrics.
- Monitor and manage risk exposures when they arise.
- Liaise with brokers, trading operations and back office on trade/position breaks, risk limits and margin requirements.
- Partner with direct clients to examine and optimise quoting parameters to provide best possible liquidity on an individualised basis.
- Propose suggestions for new strategies or ways to improve existing ones.
- Conduct preliminary research into new strategy ideas.
- Assist with project work relating to expansion into new markets or onboarding of new direct clients.
- The firm is seeking exceptionally talented collaborators with strong foundations in mathematics, computer science or closely related scientific discipline
- You adhere to principles and are considered as moral and of high integrity. – You are highly motivated, exceptionally hard-working, meticulously detail-oriented, conscientious, proactive and trustworthy.
- Outstanding aptitude with a track record of resolving problems of both a practical and analytical nature.
- You continually think about how improvements in technology and processes can achieve better results.
- Conscious of the long-term cost of short-term decisions but demonstrate good judgment on when to be pragmatic.
- Potentially you have undertaken courses in this field or finance from which you have gained theoretical knowledge.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to code in one or more analytical packages such as Matlab or R.
- Ability to write good code in either Python or Java and SQL.
- Previous experience of electronic markets in FX, Equities or Futures, ideally buy-side or another specialist automated liquidity provider
Competitive base salary, up to £100,000/£110,000 PA
Annual Performance bonus, market leading
Full executive benefits package
Unique and stunning working environment
Numerous growth and learning opportunities