|Salary/Package:||£200k total comp or up to £850 per day|
|Job Type:||Permanent or Contract|
This firm was established 3 years ago and has already established itself as one of the highest performing Fixed Income and Derivatives fund Managers in Europe. The Trading, Quantitative Research and Technology teams are staffed with genuine rock-stars from the industry, and due to significant growth are looking to build on their superb software development team.
Senior Software Developers with very strong full stack C#, WPF, .NET, SQL skills is sought after by an exclusive and ivy league Hedge Fund London. The successful candidates will be working on a number of greenfield and brownfield projects across the fund, from quantitative research libraries, pricing and risk software, PnL, Trade Capture, Market Data, as well as middle and Back Office software. The software written internally is mostly on the Microsoft stack, completely bespoke and of extremely high quality and performance. This customer is looking for senior software engineers who combine superb programming and design skills with a strong practical problem solving ability. The customer is looking for candidates that have experience of the full SDLC and work on every element from Cradle to grave ie working directly with business stakeholders, requirement analysis, systems design, coding, testing and implementation.
The client is looking for individuals with a very strong Computer Science fundamentals grounding and a genuine and demonstrable passion for programming and complex software engineering. They also use the Agile methodology and in particular are enthusiasts of test driven development so candidates with deep knowledge and experience in this area is highly desirable.
- 5-10 years commercial software engineering experience (top finance or tech firm)
- Excellent and up-to-date knowledge and experience object-oriented design/development, design patterns, data structures, algorithms (very important)
- Deep programming experience in C#. Experience in other languages such as Java and Python are beneficial
- Accomplished at writing complex Multithreaded code
- Agile, TDD and Pair Programming enthusiast
- Excellent understanding of the Dot Net Framework
- Good UI design and development using WPF
- Excellent Server Side development experience
- Sound experience and knowledge of SQL Server (stored procs etc)
- Pragmatic problem solver with a curious and proactive nature
- Able to work in a dynamic and fluid environment with quick release cycles
- Excellent communication skills with a commercial mindset
- BSc. in Computer Science or a related field, with academic achievement from a top school
- Other tools and technology of interest are: Rx, WCF, LINQ, Git, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Up to £200k total comp or £450 – £800 per day daily rate
- Exceptional working environment and culture
- Internal and external training
- Latest technologies and Trader – PM facing
- Greenfield Projects