|Location:||New York City|
This firm is one the largest, most innovative and powerful Market Makers and High Frequency Traders in the World. Established in the late 2000´s the company now trades across multiple asset classes on over 200 venues around the Globe, and they employ approximately 700 staff across New York, Chicago, California, Texas, London and Singapore. Working at the intersection of financial markets and technology, their tight-knit, interdisciplinary teams create the innovations that are improving the markets of tomorrow. They operate an open and meritocratic environment with junior staff working side-by-side with some of the leading thinkers in the industry, creating a vibrant work experience that promotes mutual learning and respect.
This firm is looking for two Technical Support Analysts to join the business in their New York City offices. The successful candidates will be responsible for the administration and management of the firms internal desktop systems. You will be working in a fast, dynamic, technologically advanced and live trading environment and will be responsible for supporting the business at all levels. You will be working closely with many users and stakeholders on identifying and resolving technical issues, troubleshooting, documenting reoccurring problems and ensuring that any system shortcomings are addressed. Looking for dependable, motivated individuals who are eager to learn and be part of a global team. This is a great opportunity that offers the right candidates a wealth of experience in various aspects of IT support for an elite financial services company.
- 1-4 years of experience in Desktop support
- Exposure to Windows Server administration
- Able to deploy, manage and support Windows, Mac and Linux platforms as well as mobile devices
- Knowledge and/or exposure to installation and support of Office and Mac applications
- Physical installation of equipment in office, such as setting up Cisco phones as well as desk moves.
- Light experience or knowledge of Cisco CLI
- Experience with server hardware and data center hardware a plus
- Help desk support: setting email accounts, password resets, and supporting moves, adds and changes of internal employees
- Microsoft certification a plus, but not required
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor of Science in a Technology or Engineering discipline is highly desirable
- You are, and have been, a constant problem solver and enjoy rooting out and fixing problems
- You are passionate about Computer Science and Engineering, and their application to the modern World.
- You worked hard during your academics to soak up, learn and apply your knowledge and develop your skills
- You are always looking to improve yourself and the work you produce
- You are a positive, proactive and self-starting individual