|Salary/Package:||£40k-£60k + Annual Bonus|
Junior to mid level Microsoft Windows Systems Engineer, Systems Administrator and Support Analyst is sought by a leading European Hedge Fund.
This role is for one of Europe´s most successful Fund Managers and investing $7b in the Fixed Income markets. The fund has already seen substantial growth and is delivering substantial double digit returns for its clients. The fund now employs approximately 90 of the World’s leading Financial Market, Economic, Technology and Operational minds to deliver superior performance and financial returns to customers in the Macro markets.
The firm has a distinctive culture that is meritocratic, challenging, innovative and intense, defining success by the quality of return they deliver to investors. the atmosphere at the firm is collaborative and dynamic, while offering considerable potential for rapid individual advancement and skill development. The firm is built on innovation and we maintain and build cutting edge hardware and software. This opportunity forms part of a new and exciting team, as part of the Core technology group. The team is small and the opportunity offers a great deal of autonomy, responsibility and both career and financial earning growth.
- We are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic and highly motivated Systems Engineer to join our Infrastructure Team.
- This is not your usual sysadmin role; we’re looking for someone who wouldn’t be puzzled by the term Infrastructure as Code’, and is just as happy debugging a PowerShell script as they are troubleshooting an OS issue, or assisting a stake holder with desk top issues.
- This is also not plugging in Servers, tracing cables, and keeping the lights on (although there might well be some of that from time to time).
- They will relish the opportunity to take on responsibility, will bring some experience of Infrastructure in an enterprise environment, and/or have a proven track record of demonstrating initiative.
- They will be looking to make the next leap in their career into a challenging, fast paced, and agile Infrastructure environment where change is the norm.
- Maintain and develop our server and desktop estate
- Create, implement and maintain global standards across the environment
- Provide day-to-day support for users, and a rota system
- Participate in idea creation on new technologies and improvements to existing infrastructure.
- Collaborate and continue to develop the automation platform
- 1-5 years’ experience
- Must be University Degree educated in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, graduating with 2.1 Hons or above
- Windows 7, 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012 (Server deployment and management)
- Exchange 2010
- NetApp, Nimble
- Blackberry, BES, iOS, Android, AirWatch
- Cisco Networking and Cisco Voice
- SQL exposure
- AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO, LAN/WAN, VPN
- Scripting experience with Powershell is desirable
- Bloomberg and Reuters experience is desirable
- Excellent troubleshooting and fault-finding skills
- Communicative and pro-active personality with a strong get it done mentality
- Strong desire to understand and fix the underlying problem, or auto-remediate via automation.
- Ability to prioritise and delivery focused. Ability to stay calm in pressurised situations.
- Passionate about IT and Infrastructure technology